The Personal Ministries department endeavours to enlist, train, equip and mobilize every member in active soul winning service for God. “Every son and daughter of God is called to be a missionary; we are called to the service of God and our fellow men” (The Ministry of Healing, p. 395).
Christ method alone will bring true success in reaching the people. The Saviour mingled with men as one who desired their good. He showed His sympathy for them, ministered to their needs and won their confidence. Then He bade them “Follow Me” (Ministry of Healing, p.143)
The department provides resources and trains church members to unite their efforts with the pastor, the church officers and members in the final proclamation of the gospel of salvation in Christ
“The church of Christ is organised for service” (Ministry of Healing, p. 148) Therefore it is beneficial to all the members who utilise their varying spiritual gifts, their talents and abilities in vibrant Christian service
We are to come to God in faith, and pour out our supplications before Him, believing that He will work in our behalf and in behalf of those we are seeking to save. We are to devote more time to earnest pray (Bible Commentary, vol.3, 1146, 1147)
I WILL GO AS I GROW
GROW: A Global Total Member Involvement Initiative of the Personal Ministries Department
What is the GROW initiative? The GROW initiative aims to effectively implement the Personal Ministries strategic plan.
It promotes Total Member Involvement (TMI) by providing training and resources to implement a balanced, agricultural soul-winning model—as taught by Jesus
The GROW concept has five essential evangelistic phases to make active disciples of Christ:
- The SOIL of the heart must be prepared with friendship and service
- The SEED of the Word must be planted with truth-filled literature, media, testimonies, and invitations to Bible studies or seminars
- SPIRITUAL INTEREST must be cultivated with ongoing Bible studies
- DECISIONS TO FOLLOW CHRIST AND HIS WORD must be harvested with personal and public appeals
- The harvest must be PRESERVED with ongoing and systematic discipleship of new members