What is the Daniel Fast?
The Daniel Fast is a diet based on the life of Daniel from the Bible. It is designed to prioritize your relationship with God over the many pleasures of food and drink.
Daniel 1:12-13 “Please test your servants for ten days: Give us nothing but vegetables to eat and water to drink. Then compare our appearance with that of the young men who eat the royal food, and treat your servants in accordance with what you see.”
- Whole Grains
- Plant Based Oils
Daniel 10:2-3 At that time I, Daniel, mourned for three weeks. I ate no choice food; no meat or wine touched my lips; and I used no lotions at all until the three weeks were over.
- Animal Products
- Dairy Products
- Leavening Agents
- Solid Fats
- Refined Products
- Deep Fried Food
Daniel 9:3 So I turned to the LORD God and pleaded with him in prayer and petition, in fasting, and in sackcloth and ashes.
Fasting is a spiritual discipline. When fasting we remove our desires for pleasurable things of this world and replace them with a desire for God. The Daniel Fast replaces the hunger and thirst for choice foods with a hunger and thirst for righteousness.
Matthew 5:6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
Amazingly at the end of 10 days, Daniel and his friends had a brighter countenance, they were stronger and wiser than the rest of the men in the palace.
Daniel’s success in a matter of 10 days was simply attributed to his firm belief that consuming a plant-based diet and trusting God you can enjoy a fulfilling and prosperous life.
Also, during the time of fasting Daniel spent considerable time with God praying at least three times daily
If you want to enjoy the blessing that Daniel and his friends experienced, I encourage you to participate in, The 10 Day Daniel Plan.
Take your first step to a healthier life and deeper relationship with God!
1 Corinthians 10:31 So whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.
Foods/Drinks to Consume:
- Water only- it must be purified, distilled- spring or distilled water is the best
- Homemade almond milk, coconut water, fruit, and vegetable juice
- Whole grains: Brown, rice, oats, quinoa, millet, amaranth, buckwheat, barley cooked in water, wild rice
- Beans and Legumes
- Nuts and Seeds
Foods to Avoid:
- Iodized salt
- Dairy Products
- Bread, pasta, flour, crackers, cookies
- Refined sugars
- Processed Foods
- Fasting brings you closer to God
- Fasting makes you more sensitive to God’s voice
- Fasting help breaks bad habits, spiritual bondage or even addictions.
- Fasting shows our weakness and allows us to rely on Gods strength
- Preparation for Service.
- Fasting helps break addictions to sugar.
- It supports the body’s detoxification.
- It promotes healthy weight loss and renewed energy.
- Promotes and increase skin health and healthy hormonal balance
- Protects you against cancer
- Increases your memory retention
- Renew your body to a healthy function