The Community Ministries Department is the humanitarian section of the Willesden Seventh-day Adventist Church, in which people work together to help and support the community. Hope and restoration, along with a purposeful life can therefore be realised.
Touching Lives; Changing Communities.
Mobilising the church for ministry in the community, preparing and enabling all, including service users and volunteers, to develop their God-given abilities.
The Community Ministries Department functions at 4 levels (L), as follows:
- L1. Relief
- L2. Economic Development
- L3. Advocacy (Structural change)
- L4. Community Action
The four levels, currently, encompass six strands, utilising a strategic synergistic approach to fulfil the department’s objectives.
- Centre of Help and Hope
- Steps Up Education & Empowerment Centre.
- Singing Band
- Golden Age Club
- Outreach Feeding Projects
- Disaster Relief – Adra/Mission
- Winter Night Shelter
The department’s strategy involves the following:
- Identifying the social needs of the local community.
- Supporting the local communities through projects which include
- Partnering with other non-governmental organisations within the Borough.
- Assisting in times of crisis by collaborating with the local Social Services
Crisis Solutions Team and working towards long-term solutions.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with community leaders, which
provide effective channels for mutual growth and action.
- Provide effective channels for mutual growth and action.
- Facilitating children’s rights and abilities to attain to their full potential.
- Promoting and expanding the involvement of youth in community action.
- Reflecting the character of Jesus through all activities.